ACL söker Director trade management
Atlantic Container Line AB (ACL) is an ocean shipping line that was founded in 1967, making it the longest operating dedicated carrier of containers in the world. ACL operates multipurpose ships carrying containers, vehicles, project cargo and oversized cargo between North America and Europe, with connections to the world. ACL’s customers are the leading manufacturers of Europe and North America. The ACL weekly transatlantic container-roll on/roll off vessels serve Gothenburg/Wallhamn - Hamburg – Antwerp – Liverpool – Halifax – New York – Baltimore – Norfolk. ACL is part of the Grimaldi Group of Italy, one of the most successful shipping companies in the world. For over 50 years, ACL’s pioneering spirit and innovations have been the driving forces that have made this company a respected leader on the North Atlantic trade. Read more at www.aclcargo.com.
ACL is now seeking candidates for corporate management positions in its Gothenburg office. One of those positions is:
Director Trade Management
The Director Trade Management is a senior management position that manages all strategic marketing functions of the company. As Director Trade Management you will direct the development of business strategies and market pricing for all cargo segments. You will have the responsibility for the commercial input to ship scheduling and responsibility for regulatory affairs, tariffs and commercial contracts.
You will have three direct reporting units; Corporate Trades, Contract Administration, and Compliance & Regulatory Affairs. This position manages a major part of the company’s business. It requires good strategic, analytical and interpersonal skills. The position is based in Gothenburg and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Your responsibilities include:
• Development and implementation of marketing and operational strategy.
• Monitoring of commercial and operational performance.
• Tracking of competition developments and analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses.
• Identification of suitable pricing systems for each customer segment.
• Direction of the budgetary process for volume, revenue and contribution.
• Regular contact with customers/agency staff to coordinate policy.
• Liaison with government regulators on maritime issues, security and sustainability.
• Commercial direction to vessel scheduling to maximise volume & revenue.
• Commercial direction to logistics to maximise round-trip equipment utilization.
• Provision of performance information to the Board of Directors, management and commercial staff.
• Commercial interface with the various departments and companies within the Grimaldi Group.
Background and experience
We are looking for an innovative and dedicated person who has the experience, charisma and enthusiasm to motivate staff and attract customers to ACL.
You are quick thinking but strategic and analytical in your approach. You have a high degree of business acumen and the ability to prioritise a multitude of tasks across a broad geographic scope. You have the ability to communicate with and motivate a multinational staff and client base. As a leader, you “get your hands dirty” and enjoy coaching and developing your staff. Ideally you have international experience working in an operational role at a senior level. You have experience in collaborating with cross functional teams as well as with external stakeholders.
Ideally a successful candidate will have:
• University degree or higher.
• Several years of experience in similar international positions.
• High levels of intelligence and cultural sensitivity.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Financial knowledge of budgeting & contribution analysis.
• Excellent international verbal and written communications skills.
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
About the position:
This is a permanent position which we need to fill as soon as possible.
For this recruitment, ACL collaborates with SeeWay AB.
For more information and questions, contact recruitment consultant Erika Sehlstedt, mobile. +46 (0)70-5550993.
Please apply to the position via the link below:
A warm welcome with your application!