G2 Ocean: Project cargo coordinator - Europe
Project Cargo Coordinator – Europe
The position will be part of the G2 Ocean's global project cargo team and located in our Gothenburg office.
You will be responsible for planning and execution of all shipments on various projects, and in close cooperation with Chartering, operation and our external business partners, ensure we meet the customers' requirements and expectations. Further you will support the commercial team and be the ambassador who secure we deliver excellent customer satisfaction throughout the customer journey, and make sure we comply with G2 Ocean's policies and values.
Experience and education:
We are seeking a younger candidate with following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from Shipping / Supply Chain Management / Logistics.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience managing complex project cargo- and sea logistics operations from Shipping or Project Freight Forwarding.
- Good technical and commercial understanding related to movement and handling of Break Bulk Cargo, Out of Gauge and Heavy Lift operations at sea and on land. Ideally having experience servicing larger projects for customers within Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Mining, Mobility and Industrial.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate shipments with Trade and Project team members to ensure a positive execution on contracts.
- Plan and coordinate with the operations teams to determine feasibility on specific projects and ensure delivery of required method statements in time to customers / marine warranty surveyor.
- Proactively monitor project cargo / contract details and develop contingencies for potential issues that may arise during the execution of the project.
- Work with commercial awareness and optimize revenues and costs. Ensure we charge customers for additional costs when requirement and conditions in contract / booking is changed. Ensure costs are in accordance with budgets used for pricing of project.
- Align shipping instructions to clarify any deviations or potential conflicts.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry and legal standards is adhered to across the function, this incorporates Compliance, Quality, Security, Health & Safety and Environment standards.
- Assist to ensure we comply with local laws and regulations, and to protect the company's interests.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of relevant systems and common databases.
- Assist the commercial team in their day-to-day work, and during vacation periods.
- Share best practice from executed projects and act as a competence center for the various offices and trade groups.
Key Activities and Accountabilities:
- Booking cargo – make sure the final and correct data is booked in our systems.
- Nominating vessels to customers
- Make sure the correct cargo handling manuals and technical drawings are distributed to all relevant parties internally / externally.
- Make sure Method Statements and other relevant technical documentation is produced and delivered to customer and nominated marine warranty surveyor in time.
- Make sure Method statement including stowage-, lashing- and weight spread plans are distributed and approved by customer and their nominated warranty surveyor.
- Make sure risk assessment is done prior to larger project operations, and that tool-box meeting takes place prior to loading / discharging.
- Shipping Documentation / Bill of Lading – make sure documentation is issued in accordance with customer instructions / requirements.
- Follow up that cargo is well received in port of loading and corresponds with contract details.
- Invoicing, coordinate so invoices are issued according to customer's requirements, and follow up freight is paid in time.
- Follow up that cargo is delivered / released in port of discharge, according to agreement.
- Coordinate and align with local agents and G2 port captains in port of loading and port of discharge.
- Assist in receiving and delivery of special handling equipment.
- Follow up and notify customers concerning deviations regarding timing and progress throughout the customer journey.
- Take initiative and execute corrective action when required.
- Be a good team player and have a 'nose' for business.
- Interest for international business and understanding of value chains.
- Ability to work to the required operational quality standards both through own initiative as well as building strong relationships and collaborating with the team and stake holders.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to set priorities, fulfill critical tasks on time and keep to deadlines.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Resilience to manage change, embrace new technologies and quickly understand and execute new processes.
- Excellent knowledge of IT.
- Written and spoken fluency in English
Kontaktperson Hans Gunnar Mo, +46 70 776 7236, firstname.lastname@example.org